Jul 25, 2012

at 6:13 PM

Shows how much I needed to improve.

Below, is an essay of mine. I wrote this for an essay competition.
It was a national level essay contest. 
I was drawn to it ONLY because of the prizes.


iPad. :3


But only for top3.
Consolation prizes are merely certificates. 
Even that, they're only giving 30 certificates for the next top 30 entries.


Lawl. I was stupid back then.
Expected too much from myself.
But never try never know mah right? xD
I was hoping for the iPad, but one month later I lost confidence and only wished to get the certificate. National level, man, who doesn't want it?


But after like, 6 months? 
I received no news about it, went online to check results, found nothing about it. 


Lol, that anticipation is urging me to stop hoping.
So I did. :3


Happy thou, teacher commended my essay. Heh


So here's my writing on..




10 Things I Will Do For Malaysia If I Become A Celebrity


‘Save the country, fight corruption!’

With voices that sounded like one man, each of them had a small flag in hand, with ‘No to Corruption’ printed in yellow. I sensed the unity in their voices, a passion that has long since been planted deep down.

The stage was amazing, with the best sound system, and all the high-tech gadgets. I took another glance at the crowd, again I sensed something was burning so vigorously, I thought. A bunch of passionate people, stood with very strong determination.

‘Save the country, fight corruption!’

Again and again, the crowd declared. The microphone was in my hand, I could hear myself talking in a clear and loud voice. I was the key person for this whole event, I was the one standing on stage getting all the attention, I was giving a wake-up call, one that might make a change. I even set up booths for pledges, and many were holding the pledge cards.

It did not last for too long before I left.

In a blink of an eye, I saw myself stepping into an office, with pictures framed in wooden antique frames. People in those pictures were mostly in their 40s, black suits and ties. I couldn’t see more, then came the voice, ‘On behalf of the Bintang Orphanage, I hereby…’ Wait, I did not get what he said.

I couldn’t bother much, I shook his hands, and he handed me something that looked like an envelope. There was a certificate and some pictures. Only then I understood. I have donated to this Bintang Orphanage.

‘Country road, take me home, to the place…’ Humming to myself, I was strolling on a beach.
The warm breeze blew through my hair, heightening the sensation of the wind brushing my cheeks. The waves rolled up, wetting my feet. I was sitting just a few inches away from the rolling waves. In my hand, I held my paintbrush and my paint board and started painting. For some reasons, I felt too dream-like to have myself doing things I have always been waiting to do.

The clouds casted shadows along the shore, made the landscape seemed almost unreal. Then suddenly the mist started to form, it was a distant fog that rises from the horizon, and I found that I grew fearful as it approached.

When I was just about to turn and run, ‘Country road, take me home…’ I was disturbed by my alarm ringtone. I opened my eyes wide and sat up right away. Cool dream, real cool.

I rubbed my eyes like a little girl, and realized that my Mac was still on, only then I remembered I have an essay to complete. I must have thought about it too much, no wonder I felt like a star in my dream. I walked to my Mac and slumped down at the desk. Staring right at the title on top of my document, ’10 things I will do for Malaysia if I become a celebrity', I instantly recalled my dream.

If I were given the opportunity to become a celebrity, I would definitely make everything that I had dreamed into action, only in a more proper way. I could give talk, to a hundred and a thousand of people. They will listen to me, because I must be really influential to them. I would lead them to a zero-bribery mind, with everything did transparently. Besides, I could also encourage the young to stand up against corruption, to be the next generation that can change the world!

Furthermore, I would spend my time and my money to the needy. I would not only wish for the fame, but with a sincere heart to only want the best for the people. Just like what happened in my dream, I would donate money to orphanages and old folks home to help in their daily needs. Besides, I would also establish a foundation for these people who do not have a proper home to stay. Hence, Malaysia can become a more develop country.

However, these problems can never be solved with only words. Actions speak louder than words. If I were to be a celebrity, I would start up and get involve in funding programs to help these less fortunate people.

As I was thinking, the sky was getting brighter, the morning sunlight crept in between my SpongeBob curtains. I could hear the birds chirping outside. And it reminded me of the beautiful scenery I saw in my dream. I love to draw especially in a surreal surrounding. If I were a celebrity that can influence people, I would choose to draw pictures. I would draw sceneries of Malaysia, significant views, historical buildings, places that one could only see in Malaysia, and what not. After that, I would sell them to the foreigners, people would be able to see and enjoy the sceneries of Malaysia. They would be attracted and therefore indirectly it contributes to our tourism industry.

We all know that Malaysia is a country of many races. It is not easy for different races to come together as one as we have our own cultures and own ways of thinking. To help improve Malaysia, I would suggest to have activities that would involve all Malaysians. I could handle activities and attract people to take part. By doing so, I am creating a space to allow people of different races to interact with each other. Naturally, friendship would start building and who knows, it might just bring Malaysia to a whole new level.

Next, if I were a celebrity, I would take the opportunity to travel around the world. While I enjoy my vacation, at the same time I could also start sharing about the beauty of Malaysia to the foreigners. If I were to go there as a celebrity, I believe people would look up to me and listen to what I would share. Then, I could also bring photos of Malaysia to show them. Little by little, I would be able to form a good image of Malaysia in the eyes of the people.

 Another way of helping Malaysia would be through the cyber world. It can be such a useful tool as the generation now is so technologically inclined. I personally love music, and I think that music can bring a great impact in people’s life. As for this case, I would compose songs for Malaysia. I would record it and share it through my Youtube channel. I would start telling people about the wonders in Malaysia, and how proud am I as a Malaysian. Instead of seeing the Internet as an entertainment, why not make good use of it?

Other than Youtube, I could also blog about my country. If I were a celebrity, people would definitely pay attention to my blog. So with that, I could share so much about Malaysia to people. Malaysia has so many delicious food, through my blog, I could also promote the food here.

There are so many we could do for Malaysia. Before going too far away, have we ever thought of the most minor areas that we have missed out? By just following the rules, we can already help Malaysia to be better. If everyone thinks the same, then seeing a transformation of Malaysia surely will not take too long. If I were given a chance, I would make this start in school. Children are soft at heart, and therefore they are so much easier to be taught than the adults. I would start up a camp that teaches the children to obey the rules, train the young to love the country, so that they could be successful to help Malaysia one day in the future.

If I have a chance, I would help in the media industry. I would take up acting or just be an artist. For me, it must be really interesting to have contributed in a particular local film. And if possible, I would act in a patriotic film. I wished to plant a patriotic heart in people’s heart, a heart that would be open enough to help Malaysia. There are many students who dream to work overseas, probably they are too comfortable and want to step out of their comfort zone. At this stage, they should have a total different perspective, that is to serve their own country, Malaysia. So through movies and films, I would really want the next generation to be a generation that would help Malaysia.

I glanced at my watch, and it was already 10am. This essay of mine, is so going to be interesting, I thought. Before I started working on my essay, I moved my cursor to my playlist and pressed the ‘play’ button.
‘Country road, take me home, to the place…’ Then for the next one hour, I wrote the longest essay, for my country Malaysia.




Yep that's basically that.
I post it up because I feel wasted for not sharing.
HAHA JOKING.

Maybe it wasn't that great after all.
Thanks a bunch,
IF,
you took time to finish every crap above.

Well in the end,
I only learned one thing.

I need to improve.

Because other than Maths,
English is one subject that I would never give up learning.

Loves.

Reactions:

No comments:

 

| Old junk new junk | A Wake Up Synopsis | Goodmorning | Season 4 | Season 5 | True Romance | Season 7 | Facebook |