Jun 29, 2013

at 12:48 PM

Purpose-driven.

- It is impossible to do everything people want you to do. You have just enough time for God's will.

- Purpose-driven living leads to a simpler lifestyle and a saner schedule. The bible says, 'A pretentious, showy life is an empty life; a plain and simple life is a full life.' It also leads to peace of mind.

- You weren't put on earth to be remembered. You were put here to prepare for eternity.

- Unfortunately, those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it.

- I don't know all the keys to success, but one key to failure is to try to please everyone.


-Rick Warren-

I finally understood why God make me read this book 2 years later after I bought it. Because I needed guidance just at this junction. I always complain I know nothing. Truth is, I know a lot of things, but never excel in any. I want to be in every part of the game, I want to have a role to play everywhere I leave my footstep. I want to be somebody. Perhaps because I tried too hard, that I'm lost at a lot of dead ends. It's like a maze of life.

I've met some random people asking me 'what are you pursuing?' 'what is your dream?' 'what do you wish to become?' 'are you striving for something at the moment?' I avoid questions like these most of the time. Because I couldn't give an exact answer. Nothing precise. It's always a 'maybe'. I was running away from reality all this while.

I tried too hard to look for myself, to seek my direction, to discover my passion. In the end it all leads to pointless errors. I have too many things on hand at one time, I have no focus at all, and therefore I fail in everything I do.

So greedy.

I have to start slowing down my pace again.
No hurry no rush.
Focus, and get things done accordingly.

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. - 1Peter 5:7

'I say this because I know what I am planning for you' says the Lord, 'I have good plans for you, not plans to harm you. I will give you hope and a good future.' Jeremiah 29:11 (NCV)

I like this version better because it says 'good' future. =)


After all, my God is a God that never go against His promises.

Reactions:

No comments:

 

| Old junk new junk | A Wake Up Synopsis | Goodmorning | Season 4 | Season 5 | True Romance | Season 7 | Facebook |